Thank you for requesting information regarding Senator William C. Smith, Jr.’s scholarship program. The information provided below will direct you to all of the required application materials.
Please review the eligibility requirements for applicants and all information needed for consideration before submitting your application.
- All applications must be completed and submitted by 5 p.m. on Monday, April 2, 2018.
- Applicants must be a resident of District 20. This can be determined by visiting http://mdelect.net/ and inserting your address.
- Applicants must have completed a FAFSA application by Thursday, March 1, 2018.
- Applicants must attend/plan to attend an institution in the state of Maryland to receive scholarship money.*
*Exceptions are made for out of state institutions that offer a major not available in Maryland.
Please submit the following information to Will.Smith@Senate.state.md.us with the subject line “Scholarship Application.”
- Full name
- Address of residence
- Phone number and e-mail
- MHEC ID Number
- Name of institution you plan to attend during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Complete the following question in 500 words or less: What do you think is the most important issue facing your generation today?
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact our Annapolis office: (410) 841-3634/(301) 858-3634
For any other questions please refer to the Maryland Higher Education website: http://mhec.maryland.gov/
Thank you for your submission and good luck!